SAFe Release Notes
Work Differently. Build the Future.
Here you’ll find information about our previous product launches. Read through to learn more about our newest features.
Release Notes for Spring Launch 2022
March, 23 2022
Changing consumer needs make it imperative to grow into the unknown, which can be scary. Spring Launch was all about features that remove the fear of digital disruption. Whether you were handed a new position due to a pandemic or asked to change your current role without any preparation, we’ve got you covered with products that will help you feel confident in your new (or newish) role.
These products will help you deliver value to customers faster:
Connecting the dots between daily work and customer value isn’t always easy. Our new products make this connection much clearer and show you where more attention is needed to mitigate handoffs and reduce delays.
- Organize Around Value Community (OAV) Page: Here you’ll find resources for all four stages of the OAV journey: generate buy-in, prepare to identify value streams and ARTs, run the SAFe® Value Stream and ART Identification workshop, and take action
- OAV Practice Guide: These self-paced, interactive online assets help you practice each of the four steps outlined above
- OAV Collaborate Templates: Our predesigned, interactive workspaces allow everyone to participate in the Value Stream and ART Identification workshops
- Value Stream Mapping Community Page: This page has all the resources you need to prepare for and facilitate the Value Stream Mapping workshop, including:
- Enablement videos
- Value Stream Management Workshop content
- SAFe Collaborate templates for remote delivery
- A foundational e-learning
- Value Stream Mapping Collaborate Templates: Use these templates to create a detailed map of the following:
- Your current-state value stream and its performance metrics
- A list of bottlenecks that impact delivery flow
- A detailed design of your future-state value stream with projected, measurable benefits
- An action plan with backlog items to implement right away
- Measure Community Page: Find guidance for applying metrics at all levels of your organization. We’ve also added a short video to guide you through measuring progress toward business agility.
Certified SPCs and SAFe Enterprise members can access all of these resources.
These products will help you launch a Lean portfolio:
Implementing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) is complex. It can be a long journey filled with a lot of organizational change. These features will equip you to confidently lead the change.
- LPM Getting Started Workshop (Day 3 of the Lean Portfolio Management course): This course now includes proven success patterns for added learning benefit
- LPM Practice Guide: This is a self-paced, online asset with several modules designed to take you through the entire LPM journey, step by step. You can find this practice guide and many other LMP resources on the Adopt LPM Community Page.
- Leading in the Digital Age Program: The first two modules of this lean-agile leadership development program blend a live and self-paced learning format
Certified SPCs, LPM course attendees, and SAFe Enterprise members can access these resources.
These products will improve your SAFe practice as an RTE:
We know that learning and practice are critical for developing your sense of empowerment and ownership as an RTE. You can use the tools below to learn more about what’s expected of you and how to be successful as an RTE.
- Role-Based Homepage: This role-based learning plan is tailored to RTEs
- RTE Essentials E-learning: These are e-learning modules that provide the critical knowledge, tips, techniques, and tools you need as a brand-new RTE
- ART Event Facilitator Guides: To help you and your teams navigate and feel confident in these ART events, we created step-by-step facilitator guides that include a purpose and agenda, preparation activities, and tips to overcome common challenges
- Virtual Workshops in SAFe Collaborate: These are multi-activity events that create a one-stop-shop for more complex SAFe activities.
- PI Planning in SAFe Collaborate: Organize your PI Planning activities and consolidate access to important collaboration details like the program board and team boards.
- SAFe 5.1 Course Updates: All courses have been updated with the latest 5.1 Framework guidance. Leading SAFe is now available in Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- RTE Role-Based Assessment: Use this assessment to see how you’re progressing as an RTE.
- Team and Technical Agility Assessment and Growth Recommendations: Uncover your team’s real capabilities with an assessment activity and resources
Those with “RTE” selected on their SAFe Community Platform role can access these resources. SAFe Enterprise members can participate in unlimited SAFe Collaborate workshops and events.